- Application Forms
- Application and Examination Fees
- Competency in Optometry Examination
- Cultural Safety Training for Optometrists Online Training Program
- Competence in Ocular Therapeutics
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Other Contacts
- Commitment to First Nations Peoples Health
- Concerns & Complaints
AccreditationBack to Accreditation
Programs of Study
OCANZ is responsible for deeming whether programs of study for optometrists seeking to practice in Australia or New Zealand meet the required standards. It involves comprehensively examining education programs against approved accreditation standards.
Once accreditation is granted by OCANZ, the Optometry Board of Australia (OBA) and the Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians Board New Zealand (ODOB) must approve the decision before the program becomes an approved program of study for the purpose of registration in Australia and New Zealand.
View a list of OBA approved programs >>